Help Fight Hunger in Brooklyn!

1 view

Jennie LeGrady

May 8, 2024, 6:19:55 PMMay 8
to Van Buren Block Association

Dear Van Buren Street Neighbors,

This year I am on the planning committee for Neighbors Together, and we are in the middle of planning their annual gala Plates for Change taking place on May 22nd at the Brooklyn Museum. It’s going to be an incredible evening of delicious food, great company, and supporting an important cause.

As a Planning Committee Member of Neighbors Together, I'm passionate about the work they do to end poverty and hunger in our community. Plates for Change is their biggest fundraiser of the year, and I would love for you to join me in supporting their mission.

You can purchase tickets and learn more about the event on the Neighbors Together website: https://neighborstogether.org/gala/

Thank you for considering joining me in supporting this important cause. Let me know if you have any questions or if you decide to purchase tickets – I'd love to see you there!

In Gratitude,

Jennie (19 VB)

Ralph Yozzo

May 9, 2024, 6:19:32 AMMay 9
to Jennie LeGrady, Van Buren Block Association
Hi Jennie

Thanks so much for posting and letting all of us know.

Are there ways to volunteer?

I signed the volunteer form here https://neighborstogether.org/volunteer/

Also is neighbors together submitting grants and request for discretionary money and borough president money and federal money?

The similar program nearby called campaign against hunger seems to be getting millions and millions of dollars from grants etc.

See below some links that just show a little bit of the funding.

I know Eric Adams was allocating millions and millions of tax payer dollars as borough president.  Eric always rightly said that it is taxpayer money and never acted as if it was his.

The Campaign Against Hunger, Inc. was allocated $225,000 from the Speaker's Initiative in fiscal year 2021. The funds are to be used to support the expansion and enhancement of the organization's programming, specifically to provide additional food, fresh produce, healthy initiatives workshops, and benefit access services. The organization is located at 2010 Fulton Street in Brooklyn, within Community Board 303, Census Tract 301, and the Ocean Hill Neighborhood Tabulation Area. The property has a BBL of 3015490016 and a BIN of 3042111. The funding is provided by the DYCD agency

Ralph Yozzo

May 9, 2024, 6:22:24 AMMay 9
to Jennie LeGrady, Van Buren Block Association
For those that want to read more here is a link for a $3 million Grant to the campaign against hunger

Including link: https://www.tcahnyc.org/