Van Buren Block association question

Ralph Yozzo

Mar 22, 2024, 4:01:44 PMMar 22
to Collee...@parks.nyc.gov, Moesha....@parks.nyc.gov, Rhonda Halls, van-buren-block-asso...@googlegroups.com
Hi Colleen and Moesha,

I'm a member and treasurer of the Van Buren Block association.

Also I joined the Von King cultural arts center as a member.

We'd like to ask what are the community services that are supported by our Park center?

It would be good to bring all the block associations together to have monthly or quarterly meetings.

Is that something that the parks department can support?

We are a completely volunteer organization just like all block associations.

I toured the facility and there is a stage area and a back room it would be nice to know how to sign up to use some of those facilities for community events.

Thanks
Ralph

PS I've included our block president and our mailing list here.

Ralph Yozzo

Mar 22, 2024, 4:07:11 PMMar 22
to van-buren-block-asso...@googlegroups.com
The reference letter is a letter to the parks department about the cultural arts center and the ability to use the facility for Block association events and meetings to help organize our area.

Feel free to contact the people at the parks department.

I toured the facility there is a stage area and a back room.

They have an internal bathroom too and membership is free so please feel free to sign up.   The membership to rec centers with gyms has a cost but this one has no gym so there's zero cost.

Ralph Yozzo

Apr 15, 2024, 10:14:31 PMApr 15
to Collee...@parks.nyc.gov, Moesha....@parks.nyc.gov, Rhonda Halls, van-buren-block-asso...@googlegroups.com
Resending this letter almost a month later.

Please respond.

Thanks
Ralph

Jin Wang

Apr 19, 2024, 11:29:07 AMApr 19
to Ralph Yozzo, Collee...@parks.nyc.gov, Moesha....@parks.nyc.gov, Rhonda Halls, van-buren-block-asso...@googlegroups.com
Hi, neighbors, do you note that a portion of VB street near the corner of VB Street & Throop Ave. has been cycled for construction storage for month. There is no construction sites nearby. It makes our block look bad. We should complain about it.

Sent from my iPhone

Ralph Yozzo

Apr 19, 2024, 1:51:25 PMApr 19
to Jin Wang, van-buren-block-asso...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mr JT

Yes I noticed that I don't understand what's going on there.

But I did request information.

This is a picture of the nearby street construction:

image.png

There is nothing on our street but maybe it is just a storage area for the GAS REPAIR

I would not be surprised 😔

Jin Wang

Jin Wang

Apr 20, 2024, 1:33:54 PMApr 20
to Ralph Yozzo, van-buren-block-asso...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! Ralph! We all want to keep our block even our country clean and environmentally protected.JT at VB

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 20, 2024, at 10:26 AM, Ralph Yozzo <ra...@brooklynmarathon.com> wrote:

Hi Mr. JT

We should all thank Mr. JT for his constant vigilance and also his untiring efforts to keep our block clean!

Also it is attached

<van-buren-blocked-1-IMG_20240419_161339.jpg>

Text is

SR Number
311-18332723
Time to Next Update
10 Days
What
Problem
Street Condition
Problem Detail
Blocked - Construction
Additional Details
N/A
Description
At Van Buren St between Throop Ave and Tompkins Ave we have
our street blocked by leftover DOT sidewalk supplies. It is near the
NORTH EAST part of the STREET a bit WEST of 77 Van Buren St.
BROOKLYN Our block is not a DOT storage facility. Please
remove the supplies which include rotting lumber that can harm
our children. This is an unsafe site and can cause harm to our
residents.
Date/Time Observed
4/20/2024 10:15 AM
Is this a recurring problem?
Yes
Describe the days and times this problem occurs
This is an ongoing issue for many weeks.
Where

4/20/24, 10:21 AM SR Summary · NYC311

https://portal.311.nyc.gov/sr-summary/?id=1f9c791f-21ff-ee11-a1fe-7c1e520bcfc4 2/2
Attachments
Date Uploaded File Name Attachment Preview
a few seconds ago van-buren-blocked-1-
img_20240419_161339.jpg

(https://saaze2311prdsrav11.blob.core.window

buren-
blocked-1-

IMG_20240419_161339.jpg)

Location Type
Street
Address
77 VAN BUREN STREET, BROOKLYN
Additional Location Details
A bit WEST of 77 Van Buren on the street.
Who
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Yozzo
<van-buren-street-blocked-2024-April-SR Summary  · NYC311.pdf>

Ralph Yozzo

Apr 20, 2024, 2:19:24 PMApr 20
to Jin Wang, van-buren-block-asso...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mr JT

You are correct.

God bless you!

Jin Wang

May 2, 2024, 8:04:25 PMMay 2
to Ralph Yozzo, van-buren-block-asso...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Ralph! As you may note that that spot where some one stored many junks had cleaned up. It makes our block look nicer. Thanks to everyone for filling complaints to the city. JT at 68VB

Sent from my iPhone

Noah's parents Sharon and Ralph Yozzo

May 3, 2024, 5:55:15 AMMay 3
to Jin Wang, Ralph Yozzo, Van Buren Block Association Mailing List
Hi Mr JT thank you.

I happen to be around when I saw one of the trucks taking things away and he said it would be clear by the end of the day and it was.

It was some contractor.

Thanks
Ralph

Jin Wang

Jun 9, 2024, 10:59:24 PMJun 9
to Noah's parents Sharon and Ralph Yozzo, Ralph Yozzo, Van Buren Block Association Mailing List
Hi, neighbors, some one filled glue into my lockers. Did it happen to you? Why those people do this thing to us? JT at 68 VB

Sent from my iPhone