Visualization problem

fateme heydari nasab

Jul 4, 2024, 2:38:33 AMJul 4
to vampir...@googlegroups.com

Hello dear Vampire users,

1- I want to visualize the bilayer tutorial in the:
The .data and .meta files are produced and I run "make vdc" in the VAMPIRE installation folder:

$ make vdc
make -C util/vdc/
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/asusmt2/vampire/util/vdc'
g++ obj/cells.o obj/colour.o obj/colourmaps.o obj/command.o obj/coords.o obj/data.o obj/main.o obj/non_magnetic.o obj/povray.o obj/spins.o obj/ssc.o obj/text.o obj/vtk.o obj/xyz.o -O3 -std=c++0x -lstdc++ -o vdc
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/asusmt2/vampire/util/vdc'

But "vdc --xyz" command in the tutorial folder results: Command 'vdc' not found.
RasMol (GTK version) was installed on my system too.

Also I checked this:

image.png

but nothing appeared !

2- Another question is I should copy the "vampire-serial" file in every folder that I want to run, otherwise the vampire could not run. Is it necessary?

Best,
Fatemeh

--
Fateme Heydari-Nasab, Ph.D.
University of Sistan and Baluchestan

Junaid Rather

Jul 4, 2024, 3:04:41 AMJul 4
to fatihe...@gmail.com, vampir...@googlegroups.com

Copy vdc from util/vdc to your present directory and then it will run. Similarly As you have copied vampire-serial to present directory.

There is a solution for this also. First see if vdc works

Junaid Rather

Jul 4, 2024, 3:07:14 AMJul 4
to fatihe...@gmail.com, vampir...@googlegroups.com

Answer to your second question.

sudo cp vampire-serial /usr/bin

sudo cp vdc /usr/bin

Now you don't need to copy vdc and vampire-serial to every working directory

F Ξ L I P Ξ

Jul 4, 2024, 6:26:03 AMJul 4
to ratherj...@gmail.com, fatihe...@gmail.com, vampir...@googlegroups.com

You can use the command: