Re: Pyrite FeS2 material simulation

Message has been deleted

gabo...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2024, 6:13:50 PMJun 23
to Vampire Users
Figure 1 A of FeS2 from [1]:

Figure1A.jpg

My suggestion would be to define the structure using both FeSe2.mat and FeS2.ucf.  Then, check that it looks okay in rasmol.  This seems possible, since I was able to get a similar looking figure with rasmol:

FeS2_with_rasmol.png

When you say "compute the magnetization", do you mean hysteresis loop?

If so, there is a hysteresis example for Ni at [2].  In Ni.mat, you can see that one of the input parameters that needs provided for that is:

material[1]:atomic-spin-moment=mu !muB

See equation (8) in [3] for the relationship between atomic spin moment (μs) and saturation magnetization (Ms).  Similarly, you will need to have atomic spin moment value(s) for FeS2.

Kind Regards,
Gavin
VAMPIRE user

On Sunday, June 23, 2024 at 2:11:09 AM UTC-6 Tom wrote:
Hello Vampire users,
I want to compute the magnetization of the Pyrite of formula FeS2 but I don't know how to implement the material file .mat nor the unit cell file .ucf if needed. I don't know whether I need a unit cell file or simply by create:crystal-structure ?
Many thanks for any response,
Tom