ValueEval'23 Overview Paper Preprint

Johannes Kiesel

Mar 17, 2023, 9:33:42 AM3/17/23
to valu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We yesterday submitted our overview paper for review (see attached). If
you want, feel free to take a look!

Also, every feedback is welcome! We have to submit the final version
April 21st, so changes are still possible.

You might especially want to look at Table 2 (page 6), which shows all
the names, and tell us whether we need to change something (we will
update the table on our web page [1] when we submit the final paper
version). The information there is mostly taken from the papers you
submitted (or you provided on request). So please tell us if you add or
change, for example, a code repository. And of course we might have
misinterpreted or just messed up something in the short amount of time
we had.

For those of you who used Docker submissions (or plan to do so): we will
prepare a web page with instructions for how to run them (in just two
commands!). Please tell me if you do not want your Docker image
(submitted to TIRA) to appear there.

On a related note: we are now starting to prepare for ValueEval'24, and
we will try to make it so that you can just re-use your Docker image
from this year (at least for one sub-task). Just to give you another
reason to get into Docker now ;)

We would also like to thank everybody who already did a review (concerns
only the ones who submitted a paper).

Thanks and have a good time!
Johannes, Milad, Nellie, Max, Nicolas, Henning, and Benno

[1] https://valueeval.webis.de#results

--
Johannes Kiesel

Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
Bauhausstr. 9a, Room 106
99423 Weimar, Germany

Phone: +49 (0)3643 - 58 3720
valueeval23-overview-preprint.pdf

Johannes Kiesel

Apr 20, 2023, 11:40:38 AM4/20/23
to valu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We would like to share the newest version of our ValueEval'23 overview
paper with you (see attachment).

The camera ready deadline is close (April 24th, you probably got the
mail if you submitted a paper), and we wanted to ask once more whether
you have new links (to code repositories or Docker images) for us to
include in the paper.

Also, please tell if you want your team to be named differently (e.g.,
in Table 3). We will update the tables on our web page after the camera
ready deadline to reflect all such changes.

Thank you!
Johannes, Milad, Nellie, Max, Nicolas, Henning, and Benno

semeval23-values-in-argumentation-overview-frame.pdf

Johannes Kiesel

Jul 11, 2023, 7:43:27 AM7/11/23
to valu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

ValueEval'23 is soon coming to its close. The second day of ACL main
conference is about to start... so SemEval'23 is just two days away!

I want to use this opportunity to announce to you that we have been busy
in the last weeks and months to prepare for ValueEval'24. It will not be
at SemEval. Instead we target a European conference for hosting us next
year. I hope the last details for the announcement are settled in a
month or so and I am confident that we will have data ready for the next
round in September. This time we partner with the European Commission's
Joint Research Centre, who are doing a major value annotation campaign
at the moment.

It will be awesome! ;)

If you plan to be at SemEval'23, please note these time slots for
getting in touch with your fellow competitors, just so you do not miss
anyone:

Thursday, 13th July
- 11:00 - 12:30
- (my overview talk)
- Adam-Smith at SemEval-2023 Task 4: Discovering Human Values in
Arguments with Ensembles of Transformer-based Models

- 16:45 - 18:00
- MaChAmp at SemEval-2023 Tasks 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and
12: On the Effectiveness of Intermediate Training on an Uncurated
Collection of Datasets.
- Augustine of Hippo at SemEval-2023 Task 4: An Explainable Knowledge
Extraction Method to Identify Human Values in Arguments with SuperASKE
- PAI at SemEval-2023 Task 4: A General Multi-label Classification
System with Class-balanced Loss Function and Ensemble Module

Friday, 14th July
- 11:00 - 12:30
- Arthur Caplan at SemEval-2023 Task 4: Enhancing Human Value
Detection through Fine-tuned Pre-trained Models
- Friedrich Nietzsche at SemEval-2023 Task 4: Detection of Human
Values from Text Using Machine Learning

- 14:00 - 15:00
- Hitachi at SemEval-2023 Task 4: Exploring Various Task Formulations
Reveals the Importance of Description Texts on Human Values
- TeamEC at SemEval-2023 Task 4: Transformers vs. Low-Resource
Dictionaries, Expert Dictionary vs. Learned Dictionary

Please tell me if I missed someone (I took them from the schedule [1]).

Thank you so much for your interest in ValueEval'23 and see you soon!

Regards,
Johannes

[1] https://semeval.github.io/SemEval2023/schedule