FD Old Timer

Jeff Rinehart

Jun 19, 2024, 2:14:44 PM (11 days ago) Jun 19
to Valleyhams
Anyone else remember who it was that called it “Field’s Day”??

Clue:  he also used his very long ocean deep fishing rod and reel to sling sinkers over tree limbs to get ropes into trees.

“Field’s Day” is almost here.

Jeff W4PJW.

Colin Hester

Jun 19, 2024, 5:33:20 PM (11 days ago) Jun 19
to Jeff Rinehart, Valleyhams
ROSIE!!!

Colin remembers
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2024, at 2:14 PM, 'Jeff Rinehart' via Valley Hams <valle...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Anyone else remember who it was that called it “Field’s Day”??
Please do not send jokes and junk e-mail on this list - Let's use it for our various hobbies, public service, communications and any good useful information for our hobbies and Events.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Valley Hams" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/valleyhams/1778371108.7856217.1718820873092%40mail.yahoo.com.

Ray Albers

Jun 19, 2024, 8:24:07 PM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to Colin Hester, Jeff Rinehart, Valleyhams
OK....

So for the benefit of those of us who are Old, albeit not officially OTs in the sense of being long-time Valley/MARA greybeards, could someone enlighten us?
("inquiring minds want to know")

ray K2HYD

K4 PZC

Jun 19, 2024, 8:28:35 PM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to raya...@gmail.com, n4...@yahoo.com, jmrin...@yahoo.com, valle...@googlegroups.com

Hey I remember ROSIE.  I knew him before I was a HAM.

We did Civil War reenactments.  He was in artillery and I was in infantry.

WOW never thought of me as an OT. LOL

Sandy K4PZC