Cheap 10 Meter Homebrew Vertical Antenna

David Tanks

Jan 25, 2023, 7:21:40 AM1/25/23
to valleyhams
  Want a cheap, fairly easy-to-build, end-fed Zepp (J-Pole) for 10 meters, that you could pull up into a tall tree, and have a great signal with? Then check out this YouTube and pdf of one.

David AD4TJ

10mjpole.pdf

Bob McCracken

Jan 25, 2023, 9:42:47 AM1/25/23
to valleyhams, David Tanks
Hi David

I made one of these about 10 years ago, neat and simple antenna to make.
The 450 ohm window line I used did alter the SWR when it got wet. I was going to make
another one using homemade 4 inch wide ladder line but I never did. I still have this one.

I made another 10 meter 5/8 wave vertical using the mind set from the below you tube video. It to worked very well
but the coaxial cap a the top of the antenna kept pulling apart when I had high winds. I believe it is a 2 or 3 part video.

Please do not send jokes and junk e-mail on this list - Let's use it for our various hobbies, public service, communications and any good useful information for our hobbies and Events.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Valley Hams" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/valleyhams/993247651.1506369.1674649296667%40mail.yahoo.com.

James McDowell IV

Jan 25, 2023, 10:33:35 AM1/25/23
to Bob McCracken, valleyhams, David Tanks
For what it is worth, I’d encourage everyone with the time to give 10 meters a try. There has been a fair amount of activity, both domestic and abroad the last several months. Monday evening I was calling CQDX on the grey line and worked back to back JA stations. Easy armchair copy both ways. This was on CW with 200 watts and a homemade ground mount multiband vertical.

73,
James W4KD