Most current / correct download location for VT?

Cameron Childress

Oct 7, 2014, 12:07:35 PM10/7/14
to valida...@googlegroups.com
There is a download for VT on RiaForge (which is also where www.validatethis.org points) and also one on GitHub here:

https://github.com/teamcfadvance/ValidateThis

It looks like the project may be in a slow-motion transition to GitHub. Which is the proper current version and what do we have in store for the future?

Not complaining - just curious and making sure I know where I should be going for good up to date information and code.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress

John Whish

Oct 8, 2014, 10:00:33 AM10/8/14
to valida...@googlegroups.com
I merged some stuff into the develop branch

I consider this branch stable and have it in production. Teamcfadvance are now the owners of the project though so master is behind.

Cameron Childress

Oct 8, 2014, 10:15:31 AM10/8/14
to valida...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 10:00 AM, John Whish wrote:
I merged some stuff into the develop branch

I consider this branch stable and have it in production. Teamcfadvance are now the owners of the project though so master is behind.

Okay - good to know and thanks for all your work on the framework!

Is the domain ownership (maintenance) transferring as well? Most Google searches rank the validatethis.org domain (and riaforge) much higher than the GitHub stuff.

Also - I did try the develop branch locally yesterday and had some issues. I switched back to a local known good copy from another project and the problems went away. I didn't spend much time debugging (could have been something I did) since I didn't know which was current but will try to carve some time out later this week to debug now that I know which is the official.

-Cameron

John Whish

Oct 8, 2014, 3:20:04 PM10/8/14
to valida...@googlegroups.com

I don't know about the domains I'm afraid.

Interested to know what issues you had and what the environment is. Probably worth raising as Github issues as well if you don't mind for the current maintainers. I changed job a while back and just don't get to use VT which is part of the reason I don't contribute as much as I used to.

Cheers,

John

Cameron Childress

Oct 8, 2014, 3:29:22 PM10/8/14
to valida...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I will pull it back down and try it another day. It was some error in the bowels of VT about jQuery struct key not being found or something. There is also at least a 50% chance it was some other issue in my codebase. A lot of code was moving around at the time.

-Cameron