validate search form to know at least one form field is entered

Ram

Sep 25, 2014, 2:36:06 PM9/25/14
to valida...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I would like to validate my search form with 10 form fields which contains different id's and names.
I want to know if user has selected at least one form filed before submit the form.
None of the form field is a required field in the form. I have my rules xml file and object for the form.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!!!
Ram

Jason Durham

Sep 25, 2014, 2:52:49 PM9/25/14
to valida...@googlegroups.com

Jason Durham

Dean Lawrence

Sep 25, 2014, 3:24:15 PM9/25/14
to valida...@googlegroups.com
Jason is correct, you would need to use a custom validation type. This link gives you a bit more information on how to use the custom type.

http://www.validatethis.org/docs/wiki/Using_the_Custom_Validation_Type.cfm
--

profile picture Dean Lawrence
President

Ram

Sep 26, 2014, 12:04:08 AM9/26/14
to valida...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dean, Jason.

I tried this using like condition name= MustEnterSomething. and Servertest. in xml and a method that return boolean in CFC object file.
It worked fine. I will try using custom later.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Ram