error running Vagrant up

Akinola Akinbusola

Jul 4, 2023, 8:36:32 AM7/4/23
to Vagrant
i am having the  error running Vagrant up, it is showing

 There was an error while executing `VBoxManage`, a CLI used by Vagrant for controlling VirtualBox. The command and stderr is shown below.

Command: ["startvm", "9ce2d19c-eb2a-4fe1-9a1f-69c30f9c81db", "--type", "headless"]

Stderr: VBoxManage.exe: error: Not in a hypervisor partition (HVP=0) (VERR_NEM_NOT_AVAILABLE).
VBoxManage.exe: error: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes (VERR_VMX_MSR_ALL_VMX_DISABLED)
VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code E_FAIL (0x80004005), component ConsoleWrap, interface IConsole

dnmo...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2023, 8:50:21 AM7/4/23
to Vagrant
This isn't a Vagrant issue. VT-x is.a BIOS setting (on your computers Motherboard) that allows for virtualization. You will need to restart your machine, get into the BIOS settings and then look for the VT-x settings that will allow you to move forward (usually a checkbox). The location for the settings are different for every motherboard

Akinola Akinbusola

Jul 5, 2023, 3:35:32 AM7/5/23
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the instant reply I really appreciate

I’ve been on it since I got this mail but later on I found out that my BIOS isn’t virtualized, because when my windows was installed, it was installed in Legacy mood.

So what do I do now activate the Uefi firmware setting, originally now it isn’t on my system atall, because of the way the windows was installed

What do I do?

GitHub Issues: https://github.com/hashicorp/vagrant/issues
Discuss: https://discuss.hashicorp.com/c/vagrant/24
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/3ed0099c-9b10-442f-9e0d-94e3f0fa65e4n%40googlegroups.com.
Message has been deleted