DNS resolution problems

atlaz

Feb 3, 2018, 2:40:32 AM2/3/18
to Vagrant
So I'm using Vagrant for local dev. I created the vagrantfile with PuPHPet and all was good until a few days ago. Virtualbox and Vagrant are all latest versions.

vagrantfile is here -> https://pastebin.com/zM0wPsFt

error I get on vagrant up is:

==> machine1: Importing base box 'puphpet/ubuntu1604-x64'...
==> machine1: Matching MAC address for NAT networking...
==> machine1: Checking if box 'puphpet/ubuntu1604-x64' is up to date...
==> machine1: There was a problem while downloading the metadata for your box
==> machine1: to check for updates. This is not an error, since it is usually due
==> machine1: to temporary network problems. This is just a warning. The problem
==> machine1: encountered was:
==> machine1:
==> machine1: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
==> machine1:
==> machine1: If you want to check for box updates, verify your network connection
==> machine1: is valid and try again.

Then PHP scripts hosted on the box report errors like this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Could not resolve host: www.domain.com

Any DNS resolution from the commandline also fails to work.

I'm not sure whether the two issues are unrelated but the DNS resolution issue is the problem really. Any ideas?

atlaz

Feb 3, 2018, 4:21:48 AM2/3/18
to Vagrant
Just to be clear, ping on an IP outside the network works fine, it's just something to do with DNS.

Cheers