I get the error response that command not found, please assist me on this.

Chibuzor Michael Ekwonye

Jun 28, 2023, 7:26:15 AM6/28/23
to Vagrant

I get the error response that command not found, please assist me on this.

Antony Stone

Jun 28, 2023, 7:33:43 AM6/28/23
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday 28 June 2023 at 13:26:15, Chibuzor Michael Ekwonye wrote:

> I get the error response that command not found, please assist me on this.

At the very least please tell us which command you were trying to run.

The quality of any response to a question is often directly related to the
quality of information provided in the question.

Put yourself in our position - how are we supposed to know what you have done
/ what you are trying to do / what sort of machine you're trying to do it on /
what you have installed on that machine / which user you are trying to run a
command as / whether you've made a spelling mistake / etc.....?

Antony.

--
"Measuring average network latency is about as useful as measuring the mean
temperature of patients in a hospital."

- Stéphane Bortzmeyer

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Chibuzor Michael Ekwonye

Jun 28, 2023, 7:38:57 AM6/28/23
to Vagrant
I tried running the vagrant up command to bring up all VM's. And the error i got was,

 bash: vagrant: command not found

Thanks.

Antony Stone

Jun 28, 2023, 7:43:12 AM6/28/23
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday 28 June 2023 at 13:38:57, Chibuzor Michael Ekwonye wrote:

> I tried running the vagrant up command to bring up all VM's. And the error
> i got was,
>
> * bash: vagrant: command not found*

Okay, some basics:

1. How did you install vagrant on this machine?

2. What's the output of "which vagrant"?

3. What's the output of "echo $PATH"?

4. What's the output of "which vagrant" when run as root?

Antony.

--
3 logicians walk into a bar. The bartender asks "Do you all want a drink?"
The first logician says "I don't know."

Chibuzor Michael Ekwonye

Jun 28, 2023, 7:54:36 AM6/28/23
to Vagrant

I cloned a vprofile-project using VS code, where the vagrant file is contained from my git repository.

Thanks

Antony Stone

Jun 28, 2023, 8:03:07 AM6/28/23
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday 28 June 2023 at 13:54:35, Chibuzor Michael Ekwonye wrote:

> I cloned a vprofile-project using VS code, where the vagrant file is
> contained from my git repository.

In that case I shall defer to someone who knows about these things.

Antony.

--
Numerous psychological studies over the years have demonstrated that the
majority of people genuinely believe they are not like the majority of people.

dnmo...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2023, 8:33:16 AM6/28/23
to Vagrant
You still need to install Vagrant to be able to use the Vagrantfile

The git repo you cloned has an implicit understanding that YOU need to install some things before using the code they provide.