Error in zulip

Tausiq Samantaray

Oct 23, 2023, 2:33:24 AM10/23/23
to Vagrant
While setting up zulip, I have this error while running  `vagrant up` or `vagrant provision` while I reached to many folks they said its working fine but not in my local machine. My OS is Arch Linux x86_64 and Vagrant version is 2.3.7.
So, here are something I tried below:
```
rm -rf ~/personal/OSS/zulip/.vagrant
sudo chown -R 1000:$(id -g) ~/personal/OSS/zulip/
sudo chown -R 1000:$(id -g) ~/personal/OSS/
sudo chmod -R +w ~/personal/OSS/zulip
sudo chmod -R +w ~/personal/OSS/
vagrant up
```
The `sudo chmod -R +w <parent> and <current>` are the chatgpt prompts but I have tried without it, but it gives error. `~/personal/OSS/zulip/` is my cloned project of zulip in my local machine, below is the error log:

```
default: + set -e
default: + set -o pipefail
default: + '[' '!' '' ']'
default: + sudo ln -nsf /srv/zulip/tools/setup/dev-motd /etc/update-motd.d/99-zulip-dev default: + sudo rm -f /etc/update-motd.d/10-help-text
default: + sudo dpkg --purge landscape-client landscape-common ubuntu-release-upgrader-core update-manager-core update-notifier-common ubuntu-server
default: dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove landscape-client which isn't installed default: dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove landscape-common which isn't installed default: dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove ubuntu-release-upgrader-core which isn't installed
default: dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove update-manager-core which isn't installed
default: dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove update-notifier-common which isn't installed
default: dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove ubuntu-server which isn't installed default: + sudo dpkg-divert --add --rename /etc/default/motd-news
default: Adding 'local diversion of /etc/default/motd-news to /etc/default/motd-news.distrib'
default: + sudo sh -c 'echo ENABLED=0 > /etc/default/motd-news'
default: + grep -q LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 /etc/default/locale default: + echo LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 default: + sudo tee -a /etc/default/locale default: LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 default: + export SKIP_VENV_SHELL_WARNING=1
default: + SKIP_VENV_SHELL_WARNING=1 default: + set +x default: The vagrant user is unable to write to the zulip directory. default: To fix this, run the following commands on the host machine:
default: vagrant halt -f default: rm -rf /PATH/TO/ZULIP/CLONE/.vagrant
default: sudo chown -R 1000:$(id -g) /PATH/TO/ZULIP/CLONE default: Replace /PATH/TO/ZULIP/CLONE with the path to where zulip code is cloned.
default: You can resume setting up your vagrant environment by running: default: vagrant up
The SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrant
assumes that this means the command failed. The output for this command
should be in the log above. Please read the output to determine what
went wrong.
```