Linux desktop Box for Mac M1

soufianer

Oct 28, 2023, 2:23:01 PM10/28/23
to Vagrant
Hello Community,

I have tried several boxes of Linux desktop (not server version) for arm64 architecture but no none of them works for me. Has anyone here succeeded in running a Linux desktop box on Mac M1?

One of the boxes I have tried is "tknerr/ubuntu2004-desktop'" but I always get the below error:

"Vagrant timed out while trying to start the VMware machine. This
error is caused by VMware never successfully starting the machine.
This can often be fixed by simply retrying. If the error persists,
please verify that VMware is functional. This is not a Vagrant
issue."

I am using VMware Fusion tech preview

Thanks in advance
Soufiane