Can vagrant help with virtualising an existing VM

sebastian edmead

Nov 12, 2020, 7:06:40 AM11/12/20
to Vagrant
Hi all,

So i have an SUSE linux 11 SP 1 VirtualBox vm that i need to upload to Azure. However, it doesn't support Hyper V.

I know that you can import existing VMs into vagrant to be used with the CLI. I was wondering if it was possible i can go down the vagrant route, box the VM and upload it. So vagrant would essentailly handle the Hyper V

info vepsun

Dec 20, 2021, 6:18:27 AM12/20/21
to Vagrant
  • Increased Enterprise Cloud Migration to AWS. ...
  • Expertise in Cloud Computing Is Inevitable for IT Professionals. ...
  • AWS Is the Fastest Growing Public Cloud Service. ...
  • AWS Is the Most Widely Used Platform in Cloud Adoption. ...
  • Free-tier Access and Affordable Pricing.

         www,vepsun.in

Federico Razzoli

May 15, 2022, 1:47:39 PM5/15/22
to Vagrant
Yes. You basically add a "vagrant" user to the VM, you create a Vagrant box, and you copy the VM disk to the Vagrant box.

Here's a step by step guide for VirtualBox:

I'd expect that the general idea works with any provider.
If you use a different provider and you manager to make it work, it would be nice to share a guide with the community.

Federico