Do AVN supporters vaccinate their animals but not their children?

flock...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2013, 12:03:59 AM10/14/13
to vaccination-re...@googlegroups.com
I have written to the AVN some time ago with no response.  I asked whether I should vaccinate my pets, based on advice from my veterinarian.

Has the AVN considered a position with regards to vaccination of animals and pets?

There are mandatory laws requiring the vaccination of animals and pets.  What is the AVN positonon those laws?

Brucellosis was eradicated from the Australian bovine herd and this has been beneficial, particulalry for dairy farmers.

Are AVN supporters and members more likley to be compliant the ot Australian Veterinary Association that the advice of the Australian Medical Association and the National Health and Medical Research Council?

Is there someone to respond from the AVN?

A MacDonald

Oct 14, 2013, 9:29:48 AM10/14/13
to vaccination-re...@googlegroups.com
Dear flockengrob,
perhaps you could ask the AVN?
This is a "debate-site" whereas people can "to-and-fro" with respect.
Generally members of the AVN can access information at will and quite freely. Are you an AVN member? If not, why not join and access the information you require?
Andrew.

punter

Oct 21, 2013, 1:35:59 AM10/21/13
to vaccination-re...@googlegroups.com
I don't speak for the AVN but I am pretty certain that they would have no position - just like they have no position on whether anybody should vaccinate.

If you want my opinion vaccines are completely useless and dangerous no matter which organism is being plied with them.

Keith K.

Jan 9, 2014, 6:08:12 AM1/9/14
to vaccination-re...@googlegroups.com
Why would the situation be any different from vaccinating animals or humans?  Doesn't seem to me to be a worthy question. If someone doesn't vaccinate their children, what changes when it is to do with animals?

Katie Brockie

Jan 10, 2014, 11:23:08 PM1/10/14
to vaccination-re...@googlegroups.com

Hi Keith.
I'm not from the AVN but from what I can gather, many do not vaccinate their pets either. Poor things. Have you ever seen a puppy with parvo (sp?) Virus?
Cheers
Katie

punter

Sam Wright

Feb 11, 2014, 4:35:49 AM2/11/14
to vaccination-re...@googlegroups.com
I can't speak for the AVN, but speaking personally, I would be happy to have a pet vaccinated if I saw evidence showing that the vaccine prevented disease, and that the benefit likely outweighed the risk.  If you know of such evidence feel free to post it.  Is there any proof that the antibody response stimulated by the vaccine reduces their likelihood of actually having the disease?  Flock, if you have evidence proving that brucellosis was eradicated due to vaccination why not post it here?
Cheers!

Sam Wright

Feb 11, 2014, 4:41:26 AM2/11/14
to vaccination-re...@googlegroups.com
Speaking personally, I would have a pet vaccinated if I saw proof that the vaccine prevents disease.  If anyone has such evidence perhaps they could post it?  Also if you have evidence showing brucellosis was eradicated by vaccination why not post it?  Cheers