Re: [vaccination-respectful-debate] Impetigo (School Sores) and Vaccinations

John Cunningham

May 28, 2013, 12:55:24 AM5/28/13
to vaccination-re...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
So just to clarify, based on your research, you're blaming the vaccination of other children on your son's impetigo, even though he isn't vaccinated?
John

On 28/05/2013, at 12:57 PM, nsbe...@virginbroadband.com.au wrote:

Thought I would add this and hopefully other observant parents can do the same.

2 days ago I commenced reading a book written by a Dr to the then President Woodrow Wilson in 1919,

Around pg 55 (pdf) pg 26-27 (actual book) of Horrors of Vaccination Exposed and Illustrated by Chas M Higgins it
speaks about observed septicaemia and infections in blood related to streptococcus

This didn’t mean much when I read it till yesterday.

On Monday my son appeared to have what we though was a cold sore.
Yesterday (Tuesday) it was obvious this was not the case and that it was impetigo.
Impetigo is generally occurring during warmer seasons.

It then dawned on me. What if this was related to other school kids getting vaccinated? Why did I think this. Because of the associated link between what I was reading and the Impetigo.

So today Wednesday I searched for information of both immunisation and impetigo only to get pages of government pro vaccination websites.
I rejigged the search and came up with this

Impetigo (pronounced im-puh-TIE-go) is a contagious, superficial infection of the skin caused by Staphylococcus (staph) and Streptococcus (strep) bacteria.
Impetigo is more common in children (especially 2- to 5-year-olds) than in adults. Impetigo is most likely to occur in warm and humid environments and is most commonly spread by close contact (such as family members). http://www.medicinenet.com/impetigo/article.htm
Note that it is Strep in which Chas M Higgins is associating with Immunisations / vaccines.

But then I hit what appearsto make logical reasonable sense when this reference was made regarding an flu vaccine,

A study by the Kaiser Permanente Vaccine Study group, using information from the Vaccine Safety Datalink, a linked databases of five separate managed care organizations covering 3.5 million children younger than 18, found no signals of any serious adverse events except for a possible rise in visits for impetigo after vaccination. Furthermore, said Jason Glanz, MS, of Kaiser Permanente of Colorado, who presented the data to the panel, the study confirmed that no signal had been missed by the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System.

The study reported on the odds of a medical event one to 14 days after vaccination, considered the most likely time for an adverse event, compared with medical events 15 to 28 days after vaccination, in 8,476 children 6 to 23 months of age.

The study found 33 diagnosis codes for visits in the 14 days post vaccination, with rises in visits for uncomplicated diabetes, atopic dermatitis, renal and ureteral disorders and impetigo during days one to three. However, only impetigo was considered possibly associated. Other reasons for a second visit included upper respiratory tract infection or cold, asthma, rhinitis, dyspnea and pharyngitis. http://www.vaclib.org/news/nofludata.htm

Notice only impetigo was considered possibly associated.

Well considering the development of the last 3 days I have some digging to do. Because it is coming into winter. People are probably getting their flu vaccines, and wasn’t Chas M Higgins talking about the terrible Influenza outbreak at his time?

My  son has not been vaccinated, and I am now considering the likelihood of close proximity (herd) as a cause of the spread rather than the idea of herd protection of vaccine.

If others have any thoughts on this or data on this I would be interested.

Nathan

Katie Brockie

Jun 4, 2013, 12:22:27 AM6/4/13
to Vaccination-Respectful Debate
Hi Nathan,
I just want to clear up one thing. The flu vaccine contains parts of a dead virus. It is impossible to pass the flu onto someone after getting the vaccine. Unless, of course, it is a strain that one has not been vaccinated against.

Cheers
Katie