Warning 43

Louis LaBrunda

Jun 28, 2024, 5:05:49 PMJun 28
to VAST Community Forum
Hi All,

When packaging I get errors about classes being referenced in methods (part of the base code, not mine).  I think the solution is to add the method names to #packagerIgnoreReferencesInSelectors.  But when I do, I get the error below.  I think It can be ignored but I would like to know for sure.

Lou

packagerIgnoreReferencesInSelectors
"Return a list of selectors in which invalid references can be safely
ignored.  Generally used to reduce warning messages - has no
impact on any image size reduction algorithm."

^#(linkIn:named:ifMustCompile:ifNoCode: useLinker: addNewByteCodesFor: for:at:with:
transcriptWindowClass menuFileMinimizeAllWindows
updateVisualageOrganizerFontName:withRestart: libraryObjectsIsLoaded
methodsMenu packagerClass
).

Warning: 43   Possible Method Conflict: RaspberryRelaySeasideGuiApp class inherits #packagerIgnoreReferencesInSelectors from SubApplication class and should not override it in RaspberryRelaySeasideEditApp.

Richard Sargent

Jun 28, 2024, 7:05:55 PMJun 28
to VAST Community Forum
See if it shuts up when you add a super send. (One hopes the superclass implementation answers an empty collection, otherwise answer the union.)

Louis LaBrunda

Jun 29, 2024, 3:03:25 PMJun 29
to VAST Community Forum
Hey Richard,

The warning didn't reoccur for subsequent saves.

Lou