Our new VAST Support Portal has launched!

Mariano Martinez Peck

May 24, 2024, 2:25:37 PMMay 24
to VA Smalltalk
Hi Everyone,

I'm proud to introduce our VAST Support Portal. It's a single place for getting support and downloading software. Portal accounts are free, so go ahead, sign-up and check it out.

Kind regards,

--

Mariano Martinez Peck

VAST Team Lead

Senior Software Engineer

 mp...@instantiations.com
 @MartinezPeck
 /mariano-martinez-peck
 instantiations.com
TwitterLinkedInVAST Community ForumGitHubYouTubepub.dev

Klaus

May 27, 2024, 8:00:37 AMMay 27
to VAST Community Forum
Hi,
nice idea. But what is with the old licensed accounts? We cannot login with the user and password.
New registration does not work too. Password reset does not work too for another mail address. And yes, I looked into every spam and/or junk folder.

Did we anything wrong?

Kind regards
Klaus

Mariano Martinez Peck

May 27, 2024, 5:04:51 PMMay 27
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Klaus,

Good question.

As you likely know, the previous licensing system has been running for a long time, so due to some new factors and constraints, we elected to have users create new accounts in the portal even if they already had accounts in the previous licensing system. To make things easier, you can even use the same email address as the old account.

Don’t worry, even though you’re creating a brand new account, everyone’s licensing will transfer in a sync process. That said, this process isn’t instantaneous and may take some time to pull over to license data to your new account. If the process can’t match your old and new email (your account), then we’ll just reach out to you to confirm.

Perhaps we should have been more clear on the transition process, but once you have a new account in the portal we’ll handle the rest of the details behind the scenes.

We will be contacting you privately to resolve the situation.

Thanks for the question.

Klaus

Jun 1, 2024, 3:59:56 AMJun 1
to VAST Community Forum
Hi,

now everything everything works fine. The login for licensed account worked with an outdated email address, the new mail address is now active. The login works and everything in the new portal can be explored. Old mail - new mail mismatch..
A new registration could be done and works also.

Thanks a lot for the quick solutions

Klaus

Mariano Martinez Peck

Jun 2, 2024, 9:50:54 AMJun 2
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Klaus,

I am glad we were able to resolve the situation.
If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,