Exporting A Configuration Map to Tonel

Offer Shavit

Mar 28, 2022, 11:10:02 AM3/28/22
to VAST Community Forum
I exported a configuration map to Tonel, while the "Export All Required Maps" option is checked.  I realized that only the applications in the selected configuration map were exported, but not the required maps and their applications.
Is there a way to export to Tonel a config map with its entire tree of required maps?

Esteban Maringolo

Mar 28, 2022, 1:14:03 PM3/28/22
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is an open issue in Github to achieve what you are looking for, it has not been implemented yet, but there is a way to obtain the same result.

The "Export all required maps" is a setting for regular .dat export, although it could be a good idea to use it to control the behavior of the above described feature.

Best regards,

Esteban Maringolo

Senior Software Developer

 emari...@instantiations.com
 @emaringolo
 /emaringolo
 instantiations.com
TwitterLinkedInVAST Community ForumGitHubYouTubepub.dev

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 12:10 PM Offer Shavit <offer....@gmail.com> wrote:
I exported a configuration map to Tonel, while the "Export All Required Maps" option is checked.  I realized that only the applications in the selected configuration map were exported, but not the required maps and their applications.
Is there a way to export to Tonel a config map with its entire tree of required maps?

Mariano Martinez Peck

Mar 29, 2022, 7:41:23 AM3/29/22
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 2:14 PM 'Esteban Maringolo' via VAST Community Forum <va-sma...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi,

There is an open issue in Github to achieve what you are looking for, it has not been implemented yet, but there is a way to obtain the same result.

The "Export all required maps" is a setting for regular .dat export, although it could be a good idea to use it to control the behavior of the above described feature.

+1 to that idea. I updated the case.

--

Mariano Martinez Peck

Senior Software Engineer