Alternative to MSKOO 32bit

Bob Long

Mar 19, 2024, 10:13:49 AMMar 19
to VAST Community Forum
Are there any?  We have used MSKOO as an alternative to Excel for spreadsheet exports but as we transition to 64bit we need to find an 64bit alternative.
Thanks

mar...@feldtmann.online

Mar 19, 2024, 10:48:54 AMMar 19
to VAST Community Forum
You mean: 64bit VAST against 64bit of LibreOffice ?

Bob Long

Mar 19, 2024, 11:45:14 AMMar 19
to VAST Community Forum
Correct 64Bit Vast.  I saw you worked in this MSKOO in 2010

mar...@feldtmann.online

Mar 19, 2024, 12:54:01 PMMar 19
to VAST Community Forum
Hmm, I never knew that anyone is looking at that large code base ... so I assume, that you use OpenOffice (which is more or less obsolete today and delivers only 32 bit binaries) ? And not LibreOffice ? Have you changed that code from 2010 ?

So I further assume, that you want to switch the VASTPlatform to 64bit and due to that wish you can not work with OpenOffice 32 Bit (cross-platform OLE not possible).

Actually I am still working on LibreOffice 64 Bit (under C#), but we changed the structure of our large C# program. The original structure was, that we put all stuff into one big application - but over the years this became very difficult to maintain (we switched from OpenOffice to LibreOffice and later: 32 bit to 64 bit). Then we isolated all LibreOffice OLE communication into a different application (either 32bit or 64bit), wrote some code to exchange data between our large C# program and the "oowrapper" tool. The main application does the data fetching and prepares the data and started the "oowrapper" tool.

The result was a much better Ui experience (long task running). Have you considered to go a way like this ?