Re: [VA-Guzzi] Digest for va-guzzi@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

1 view

Michael S. Jones

Jan 13, 2021, 4:47:01 PMJan 13
to va-g...@googlegroups.com
I'm sad to hear of Tom's passing! The last time I saw him he seemed like his same old self. We used to see him pretty often at the lunches when I first moved to Virginia. He'll be missed, for sure.

Mike

M.Jones, executive editor, Journal for the Study of Religions and Ideologies (www.jsri.ro)
"The heart has its reasons which reason does not know." -Blaise Pascal
"With man, instinct and reason avoid each other with adversity, yet, by repudiating each other they lure each other to reach mutual correction." -Lucian Blaga
"Human reason has this peculiar fate that in one species of its knowledge it is burdened by questions which, as prescribed by the very nature of reason itself, it is not able to ignore, but which, as transcending all its powers, it is also not able to answer." -Immanuel Kant

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 01:54:35 AM EST, <va-g...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Ron <motres...@vaguzzi.com>: Jan 12 06:26PM -0800

Va Guzzisti,
I received an email from Joe Sokohl Monday bearing the sad news that Tom
Farley has passed away. Tom was a regular at our rallies & rode up from
Richmond to join us for a Guzzi lunch occasionally. The last was at
Guseppe's in Nellysford 10/2019. Joe says that he & Tom have ridden
together for more than 15 years. He has posted an album of pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/mojohand/86X874
RIP Tom

My thought for the January 2021 meet was to have the lunch at Glen Maury
Park in the small pavilion just behind & above the big one we used for our
rallies. We'd have had the option of getting carry-out HOT food from one of
the restaurants, and the pavilion is sheltered from the wind much better
than the double-decker. But, I've been watching the weatherguess for Buena
Vista for several days now, it has not improved. Precipitation is in the
guess for Friday night into Saturday morning, with the temp dropping just
below freezing in the early morning hours. Followed by a high temp of 42
late Saturday afternoon. It looks like Old Man Winter aims to balance out
the nice days we had in the fall w/some of his misery. Most of us have to
ride over the mountain ridge to get to Buena Vista, he's making that ride
dangerous, & eating lunch is hard when your teeth are chattering. So,
We'll pass on meeting for lunch this month. Hopefully we'll get a break in
February.

Y'all stay safe & healthy,
Ron