August 2020 Va Guzzi Riders lunch meet

Ron

Aug 10, 2020, 3:49:45 PM8/10/20
to VA Guzzi
Va Guzzisti,

The over-all situation w/the pandemic in Virginia hasn't improved enough to change the recommendations for social distancing.  Our June & July meets had 15 & 17 attendees, I can't think of any of the restaurants we've used in the past that could seat groups that large w/proper social distancing. So, we'll meet in  Buena Vista at Glen Maury Park again.  I called the park & the double decker pavilion is available:
 The August 2020 Va Guzzi Riders lunch will be in Buena Vista Va. at Glen Maury Park, in the bottom level of the "double-decker" pavilion atop the mountain. That's this coming Saturday August 15th at 12:30 PM. Each of us will be responsible for buying our lunch in town or "brown-bagging" from home.  Nick's is open, several BBQ places, the Mexican place, even the hamburger joints, whatever you want to do. The lady at the park I talked to was very nice & said to call her if anyone had questions about what was or was not open (540) 261-7321. For any of you who haven't been up to the "double decker" it's huge, we'll have no problem social distancing...and the view is impressive. You take the road to the left of the park office, wind through the curves on up the mountain then take the first right (quite sharp) & on up to the pavilion.
My numbers, home (best way to reach me) (434)993-3841, cel (emergencies & day of the lunch) (434) 426-3329.  The advanced weather-guess isn't too promising at this point, but hopefully it will be wrong & we'll have a decent day.  I intend to "pass the hat" for a donation to the park.
Ride safe & stay healthy,
Ron