Sept 2020 Va Guzzi Riders lunch meet report

Ron

Oct 1, 2020, 6:44:17 PM10/1/20
to VA Guzzi
 Va Guzzisti,
WOO-HOO new computer is FINALLY up & running. My old win7 unit became "corrupted" about the time of my surgery last month. The tech at the computer shop was able to get the win7 un corrupted, and transferring all my data was supposed to be straightforward. But it turned out he was not so familiar w/Thunderbird, the email software I use. Sooo, things took a little longer.
My thanks to Mike Jones for hosting the Sept lunch, his report:

Hi, Ron. I hope you’re having a nice weekend. We had a successful Guzzi lunch today, though we certainly did miss you. I was hoping that Alice would drive you up to meet with us, but I guess your knee is still a bit too sore for that. It was a beautiful day for riding, though: the air was cool down in the valleys and outright cold for September (47 degrees) up on the Parkway, but the sun was shining and the roads were dry. I switched on my grip heaters just to make sure that they’re working when winter comes, and then I left them on for a while for the pleasure of having warm hands.

There were a total of twelve humans and one large, furry, friendly dog that showed up for our rendezvous at the picnic area. Nate rode his Breva and I rode the Convert. Had it been a hot day I would have ridden the Sport, but the Convert is much better suited to cool weather. We were there only a few minutes when Lannis and Fey showed up on “Fey’s” big blue Triumph Trophy. Then Brad Krauder pulled in on a Suzuki V-Strom, followed by Jeff Wilk on a BMW K100, a classic “flying brick.” I always liked those engines: they’re unique. At this point the score was 2 to 3 in favor of the non-Guzzis, but then Al Chappell pulled in on his Moto Guzzi V7iii, tying the score. Unfortunately for “team Guzzi,” the next rider to arrive was McKinley Gomar (sp?)...... Gowan....... on his BMW R1100GS, putting “team other makes” ahead again.

At this point arriving motorcycles were replaced by arriving cars: first an Oldsmobile driven by a gentleman who’s name I didn’t get but who’s big, friendly dog was popular with everyone, and then by a Subaru (I think) driven by McKinley’s wife (Delphine?).....Correct.... and her friend Bo. Thankfully, before we walked over to the picnic tables to eat, we were joined by one last bike: Dave Phillips on his Moto Guzzi SP1000. That tied the score at 4 to 4, which is nice: I like to see a variety of bikes, and I like that the Moto Guzzi group isn’t cultish about our favorite marque. 

I hope you can join us next month, Ron.

Mike

Mike will be hosting the lunch again in October. Watch for an email w/location etc. in 10-12 days
Ride Safe,
Ron