May 2022 Va Guzzi Riders lunch report

Ron

May 25, 2022, 9:35:58 AM5/25/22
to VA Guzzi
 Guzzisti,

Running a little late w/the report this month. HOT HOT HOT!! Saturday was a steamer. I'd pinpointed my problem w/the V7 to an internal short in the Tachometer, & everything seems OK w/the tach unplugged. But I was leery of heading 75 miles down the road, w/out more test riding, so I rode the Eldorado. I headed out on the more "scenic" route: Rt24 to 122 through Moneta to Burnt chimney & on to Rocky Mount. Well, I was do-dahing along (maybe it was the heat) & missed a couple  turns.  By the time I realized  I was screwed up & got myself gong in the right direction the 75 miles was well over 100 & I got to Hema's very late. There was one Guzzi in the lot, Inside, David Phillips was halfway through his lunch. He had also arrived after 12:30, having having made re-hydrate stops on the long ride from Nelson County.  The waitress said she hadn't seen any other motorcyclists earlier, but if anyone else did show up on time, decide it was a bust, & go home I apologize for my late arrival.
David & I had a nice lunch, commenting on the good food & especially on how Hema's had held their prices down. I had a large plate of spaghetti w/red clam sauce, a salad, bread & an Arnold Palmer, I was able to leave a 20%+ tip & still get change from a $20.00 bill.
 Out in the lot, as we prepped  for the ride home, I marveled on the fact we were riding on two 40 year+ old  antique bikes (my Eldo is a '74 & I believe David's SP is a '79). There was a dark sky on the horizon so we got ourselves on the road.  I got home dry,  parked the bike outside the garage (helmet on the seat) & went inside to cool off. Next thing I know there's this odd noise from outside......heavy rain & HAIL!! So, I had to haul butt to  get the bike in the garage, getting thoroughly wet in the process.  It was odd, even w/the hail (about bean sized) the over all temp didn't drop much. I emailed David, he said he ran through a brief shower near Moneta, but was dry by the time he got home.
We have the rally next month, latest report from Bob is 31 registered so far.  Cut-off date for pre regestering & ordering shirts is only 10 days away, June 4th. Bob needs accurate numbers to assure enough food for everyone. If you're planning on coming please go to   "https://ronkom.wixsite.com/vamg
Clik on registration form at the top of the home page & get it in to Bob.

Thanks, see you next month,
Ron