January '23 Guzzi lunch report

Ron

Jan 25, 2023, 12:09:55 PM1/25/23
to VA Guzzi
 Guzzisti,
My thanks to my wonderful wife Alice for stepping up & hosting this month's lunch.  She says she had the jitters I often describe when she arrived at Bella Italia and no one else was here. But then David Phillips pulled in in his truck. They had just started catching up when her cel phone rang. The call was from Allyn &Suzie Chappell, Their Volvo had broken down right after they left 460 heading into Bedford.  Alice fired up her Kia soul  & went to the rescue. The Volvo was quite dead, Allyn insisted that Suzie ride back the the lunch with Alice & he would wait for the roll-back & ride in the truck to take the car to a shop. Alice & Suzie rode back up to Bella Italia  to find folks rolling in.  Bob Corfield on his SP, Nate Jones driving his Dad's 69 Ambassador sidecar rig., and Mike Jones on his Convert. The rest of the Jones clan, Laura, Nate's wife Keri and their two little ones Summer and Brice all arrived in a nice warm cage.
So, the group had 10 around the table and three Guzzis parked outside, not bad for a "brisk" Saturday in January. Conversation was lively, sparked by Mike's proposal that we set up a do-your-own-thing gathering at Willville.  Mike is heading back to Romania this spring and won't be back home until June. The idea of gathering in the heat of the summer has little appeal, so, dates in Sept-early October are being considered. Further info to follow as a plan comes together. Most of the group ordered subs, and no complaints were heard about how they tasted. The only small disappointment was that the homemade potato chips were not hot.  They are a special treat that several Italian restaurants in the area are serving.  Alice said " I was hungry, & enjoyed them anyway"
After lunch every one headed out for what ever they had planned for the day. Alice gave Suzie a ride home (with half a Calzone for Allyn).
As for my health issues, several different Doctors and more tests than I care to dwell on, still no definitive answer. The last couple days  have been  "good days". Hopefully no more "backslide days" coming up.
Thanks to all for the good wishes, and continuing support of our Guzzi rider activities,
Ron