Sept. 2020 Guzzi lunch reminder

1 view

Ron

Sep 12, 2020, 11:45:48 PM9/12/20
to VA Guzzi
 All,
I posted this early (before the operation) & forgot to include the date, so, this is a reminder.

 Va Guzzisti,

I'll be in the local hospital getting an artificial knee installed tomorrow morning at 6:15 AM (I've had to reprogram my normal "nightowl" sleep pattern! LOL)
It's the right knee, so there will be no driving, let alone bike riding for at least 6 weeks. We'll have to see about October, but for September, Mike Jones has stepped up to host, Mike writes:

"Hi, Ron. I hope you had a good weekend. We'd like to hold this month's Guzzi lunch at the Humpback Rocks Picnic Area, which is on the Blue Ridge Parkway just a few miles north of 664 or a few miles south of 250, depending on which direction you're coming from. It's mile post 8.5 according to the internet, though I don't know if there's an actual mile marker there. Here's a description of the picnic area: https://npplan.com/parks-by-state/north-carolina-national-parks/blue-ridge-parkway-park-at-a-glance/blue-ridge-parkway-picnic-areas/blue-ridge-parkway-humpback-rocks-picnic-area-mp-8-5/. There are lots of picnic tables and two restrooms. There are no restaurants or store, of course, so people will need to bring lunch with them. There are two paved loops through the picnic grounds. The first loop has a group of four tables close to each other. Let's plan the lunch for 12:30, but I'll get there early and try to grab those four tables for us."

"My email address is mjon...@yahoo.com if anyone has questions. My cell phone is 434-333-8333, but I don't think I'll have a signal up on the parkway".

Mike

The Sept. 2020 Va Guzzi riders lunch will be this coming Saturday, Sept 19th, 12:30 PM at the Humpback Rocks Picnic area on the Blue Ridge Parkway

I hope y'all have good weather & there's a good turn-out for the lunch.
Ron