July 2020 Va Guzzi Riders lunch Report

1 wyświetlenie

Ron

nieprzeczytany,
20 lip 2020, 21:25:3120.07.2020
do VA Guzzi
Va Guzzisti,
In keeping with our "new normal" we had a interestingly different lunch meet Saturday. For the second time we gathered at the double-decker pavilion atop the mountain in Glen  Maury Park. After I posted the location, an information grape-vine developed, and a group of folks who'd rarely if ever attended one of our lunches showed up. As one said to me "All the BMW meets are cancelled, we wanted to see each-other & this just came together"  My feelings... we all have motorcycles in common, the more the merrier.
We had 17 folks total, riding 5 Guzzis were Mike Jones convert, Nate Jones Breva 750, Mark Tenny Griso, Barbara Nowell V7, & I rode my V7III. I had the Eldo out & ready to go, but hitting the starter button got me the unhappy DDDDDDDDD of a weak battery.  The other 4 bikes ridden in: Lannis Selz Triumph TrophySE, Charlie Robinson BMW K bike, Bruce Crowder  Suzuki VStrom, & John Coleman Harley.  Driving cages in air conditioned comfort  were Bob & Joan Corfield (Bob just home from an out-West odyssey on his new V85TT)  Mckinley & Delphine Gowan, Ben & Julie Arther,  and Jeff & Linda (didn't get the last name written down, my-bad).  It was especially nice to have NC MGNOC Reps Mark & Barbara join us for our meet.  Mark says the NC Guzzi rally at the Cruso MC Campground July 31, Aug 1,2  is ON. See the MGNOC News for the rally ad.
Being spread out across 5 tables for social distancing there were numerous separate conversations going on. Everyone appeared to be having a good time, & many brought brown-bag lunches. Lannis Selz & Bruce Crowder  worked & rode together over a decade ago, but hadn't seen each-other in the years since their jobs changed. Both had lost a lot of weight. They stared at each-other for what seemed like a long time before the light dawned & it was old-home-week! We talked about difficulty recognizing folks "out of context". I have great difficulty remembering names to go w/faces.  I recognized most of the folks at the lunch, but had to ask names.
It's rewarding to see folks gather for these meets & enjoy themselves, I hope some of the new faces will become regulars. I didn't get to talk the everybody & so didn't ask if anyone wanted to be added to my email posting list. I hope this report will get sent down the "grape vine" & anyone wanting to be added to the posting list will contact me.
A great turn-out on a miserably hot day, there were some thunder-heads floating around, I hope no one got wet going home.
Ride safe, stay healthy,
Ron
PS, those on Face Book, be sure to check out pix from Bob's trip out West VERY nice
Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż
Nowe wiadomości: 0