June 2020 Va Guzzi Riders Lunch Meet Report

Ron

Jun 22, 2020, 11:53:06 AM6/22/20
to VA Guzzi
Va Guzzisti,
Wow!  What a great way to reestablish our monthly lunch meets. Terrific turn-out, great weather, Whole idea of a meet under a pavilion & provide your own lunch worked out fine. Mike Jones posted:

"After months of not having our usual third-saturday Guzzi lunches, we had one today in Buena Vista, VA, and ten Geese flocked to the get-together! There were five round-fins, four small blocks, and one 8-valver. Transmission-wise, we had a two-speed, a four speed, lots of five-speeds, and a few six-speed"

We had 15 folks, 12 adults & 3 kids. "Regulars", New faces, & old friends attending a lunch for the first time in years.   The small blocks, I rode my V7III Special, Allyn Chappell-V7III Stone, Nate Jones-750 Breva, Frank Hartman- V7 Anniversary. The round fins, Mike Jones-Convert, Rob Prinns and Meg-Ambassador, David Phillips-SP 1000, Christian Alva-T3, Mike Freeson-T3. The 8 valve was a Stelveo carrying (a VERY svelte) Lannis Selz & Fay. The two T-3s were highly modified, very sharp rides. Rob & Sam Prinns are the old friends mentioned, when they graduated Va. Tech, started careers & having kids, attending motorcycle events was pushed down the priority list. The kids are old enough now to ride w/Dad & Mom. For this meet, Rob had Meg riding pillion and Sam drove a cage w/Riley and Jackson. There was a small playground next to the double decker pavilion so the kids were able to burn off some energy (they have an abundance!). I believe Jackson got to ride behind Dad for the ride home. The top level of the pavilion had no tables, one had already been carried up by early arrivals when I got there. As folks arrived, I suggested we just move to the lower level & save our backs. That worked well, we were in the shade, & able to spread out over 4 tables to keep good social distancing. The view is just as stunning from the lower level.  Fay & I had veggi pizzas from Nicks, I saw containers brought from home, & stuff from other restaurants? I decided to put the drawing for the free lunch on hold until we're able to meet more "normally" in restaurants again.

For the immediate future, we'll take location the lunches a month at a time. As always I'm open to suggestions as to where we can meet....more difficult as long as we are dealing w/this pandemic.

Ride safe & stay healthy,
Ron

P1010653.JPG
P1010652.JPG