January Guzzi lunch & a sad note

Ron

Jan 12, 2021, 9:26:46 PM1/12/21
to VA Guzzi
 Va Guzzisti,
I received an email from Joe Sokohl Monday bearing the sad news that Tom Farley has passed away. Tom was a regular at our rallies & rode up from Richmond to join us for a Guzzi lunch occasionally. The last was at Guseppe's in Nellysford 10/2019.  Joe says that he & Tom have ridden together for more than 15 years. He has posted an album of pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/mojohand/86X874
RIP Tom

My thought for the January 2021 meet  was to have the lunch at Glen Maury Park in the small pavilion just behind & above the big one we used for our rallies. We'd have had the option of getting carry-out HOT food from one of the restaurants, and the pavilion is sheltered from the wind much better than the double-decker. But,  I've been watching the weatherguess for Buena Vista for several days now, it has not improved.  Precipitation is in the guess for Friday night into Saturday morning, with the temp dropping just below freezing in the early morning hours. Followed by a high temp of 42 late Saturday afternoon. It looks like Old Man Winter aims to balance out the nice days we had in the fall w/some of his misery.  Most of us have to ride over the mountain ridge to get to Buena Vista, he's making that ride dangerous, & eating lunch is hard when your teeth are chattering.  So, We'll pass on meeting for lunch this month.  Hopefully we'll get a break in February.

Y'all stay safe & healthy,
Ron

Amboman

Jan 15, 2021, 8:27:21 PM1/15/21