October '22 Va Guzzi Riders Lunch meet report

Ron

Oct 17, 2022, 11:12:42 AM10/17/22
to VA Guzzi
 Guzzisti,
A wonderful choice, 2 Guzzis ready to go on a BEEEUtiful  Saturday morning. Finally I decided on whichever bike had more gas in the tank, turned out to be the V7.  I silently promised the Eldo that we'd go out & cover some miles soon. Alice & I have been working on getting a winter's supply of fire wood in & I haven't had much time to exercise the bikes.
   The ride down to Bedford was cool so I had a fleece over a double T-shirt under my riding jacket. Dealing w/arthritis in my shoulders, they definitely let me know if they get chilled.  I parked at Bella Italia, put the fleece in a saddle bag & took a seat in the sun at one of the outside tables they still have set up. A waitress came out for some chore but didn't ask if I wanted a menu, so, I figure they aren't serving the outdoor tables now. I'd been there a while when Joey Klingman pulled in on his Trumph Bonniville speed twin. He joined me at the table & we were catching up as Mike & Laura Jones arrived on the Convert. We all enjoyed the rapidly warming morning until 12:45 or so, I figured no one else was coming so we headed in. We had a young waitress who did a good job. The meals came out quickly & we dug in.  A pleasant surprise! it seem that Bella Italia has upped their game, a new chef? All 4 dishes got rave reviews.  Mike said the eggplant parmigiana was right up there with Sanzonnes, Laura had baked spaghetti she said was very good, I had the best Linguini w/red clam sauce I've had in recent memory. The marinara sauce was especially tasty and the (large) dish was topped off w/a full dozen clams. Joey had a Calzone he said was excellent. The 4 of us at a regular table was kind of nice for a change from a larger (more spread out) group and the conversation flowed easily. The folks who show up at these meets are of such varied backgrounds, linked by a love of motorcycles and Guzzis in particular, that the table talk is always interesting & far ranging. Outside we had a brief tire-kicking session, mounted up & headed or separate ways home. It was so warm by then that I wished I hadn't put the second t-shirt over my long sleeved one, I was sweating inside the jacket by the time I got home.
Ride safe, hope to see U next month,
Ron