December '22 Va Guzzi Riders lunch- cancelled

Ron

Dec 12, 2022, 12:38:19 PM12/12/22
to VA Guzzi
 Guzzisti,

The December lunch this year is cancelled.  Last month I left the bike in the garage & drove a cage to the lunch because I had not felt good all week leading up the Saturday 11/19. So that means I am in about day 29 of the longest lasting illness of my life. My Dr. has diagnosed it as a "mystery virus", not Covid, not "RSV", not the flu,  but what? A stuffed head, w/minor drainage-but enough to trigger extended violent coughing spells. Literally making my ribs sore at times.  Several bouts of low grade fever, not the screaming 102-103+ that send you to the emergency room, but the 100 or so that make you feel miserable and SOAK the sheets & blankets overnight. Miserable body aches & over-all weakness. I have talked to several people w/similar symptoms (even one young lady who received that same  "diagnosis" from her Dr.). So, "something" is going around & I wouldn't wish it on anybody.
It's almost as if the lords of Karma got sick of me running my mouth about how I take 2 grams of Vitamin C a day & haven't had a cold of flu in 20 years.....& sent the wheel around to kick my ass. OK, it's been well kicked, I'm ready to be over this s***

Alice & I wish all y'all a happy holiday season, a Merry Christmas, & a healthy, prosperous New Year.

Hopefully I'll be back in shape & Ma Nature will give us a break so we can safely ride & meet for lunch in January 2023.

Ron