Re: [VA-Guzzi] Digest for va-guzzi@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 2 topics

Michael S. Jones

Sep 11, 2020, 1:01:03 PM9/11/20
to Digest recipients
Hello, Virginia Guzzi riders. Someone asked me whether the September Guzzi lunch that I'm hosting at Humpback Rocks is this Saturday or next. It is next, the usual 3rd Saturday of the month. IT IS NOT TOMORROW. Sorry - I should have mentioned the date in my email to Ron. The date of the lunch will be 9/19/2020.

Mike

M.Jones, executive editor, Journal for the Study of Religions and Ideologies (www.jsri.ro)
"The heart has its reasons which reason does not know." -Blaise Pascal
"With man, instinct and reason avoid each other with adversity, yet, by repudiating each other they lure each other to reach mutual correction." -Lucian Blaga
"Human reason has this peculiar fate that in one species of its knowledge it is burdened by questions which, as prescribed by the very nature of reason itself, it is not able to ignore, but which, as transcending all its powers, it is also not able to answer." -Immanuel Kant

On Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 02:54:50 AM EDT, <va-g...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Ron <motres...@vaguzzi.com>: Sep 07 12:45PM -0700

Va Guzzisti,

I'll be in the local hospital getting an artificial knee installed tomorrow
morning at 6:15 AM (I've had to reprogram my normal "nightowl" sleep
pattern! LOL)
It's the right knee, so there will be no driving, let alone bike riding for
at least 6 weeks. We'll have to see about October, but for September, Mike
Jones has stepped up to host, Mike writes:

*"Hi, Ron. I hope you had a good weekend. We'd like to hold this month's
Guzzi lunch at the Humpback Rocks Picnic Area, which is on the Blue Ridge
Parkway just a few miles north of 664 or a few miles south of 250,
depending on which direction you're coming from. It's mile post 8.5
according to the internet, though I don't know if there's an actual mile
marker there. Here's a description of the picnic area:
https://npplan.com/parks-by-state/north-carolina-national-parks/blue-ridge-parkway-park-at-a-glance/blue-ridge-parkway-picnic-areas/blue-ridge-parkway-humpback-rocks-picnic-area-mp-8-5/.
There are lots of picnic tables and two restrooms. There are no restaurants
or store, of course, so people will need to bring lunch with them. There
are two paved loops through the picnic grounds. The first loop has a group
of four tables close to each other. Let's plan the lunch for 12:30, but
I'll get there early and try to grab those four tables for us."*

*"My email address is mjon...@yahoo.com if anyone has questions. My cell
phone is 434-333-8333, but I don't think I'll have a signal up on the
parkway".*

*Mike*

I hope y'all have good weather & there's a good turn-out for the lunch.
Ron
Ron <motres...@vaguzzi.com>: Sep 07 09:32AM -0700

Va Guzzisti,

A message from Bob Corfield this morning:

"I don't know if you saw or heard, but Jay Gwaldis passed away last
week, on the 1st or 2nd. I knew he had been having some medical issues,
but didn't know they were that serious".
*Jay told me some time ago that he was stage 4, but asked that I not put
the word out.*
"Also, Dan, the worker at Willville who also helped us at the rally, was
killed in car accident last week also. Sorry for the bad news, but thought
you'd want to know. Mostly about Jay since he attended several Guzzi
luncheons over the past few years".

*RIP Jay & Dan, Ron*