v8-inspector with embedded v8

Harsha HS

May 2, 2017, 10:14:07 AM5/2/17
to v8-users
Hi Ben and folks,

 I am trying to integrate v8-inspector with standalone embedded v8 application suing websocket server as done in node.
I have taken code from v8/samples/shell.cc and node/src/inspector_agent* and removed node dependencies.

But this binary crashes after the websocket handshake with chrome-devtools is done.

I have attached the hex dump of the communication between server and client(chrome browser) as well, at
as against what node does

I am using commit 1e50277b9fa61a162874e33027083a20f348c555 of v8.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
-Harsha

ibon tolosana

May 2, 2017, 11:00:58 AM5/2/17
to v8-users
Hey Harsha,

you might want to have a look at chromium inspector test here: https://cs.chromium.org/chromium/src/v8/test/inspector/
I have done integration of v8 embedded in android following that process flawlessly.
Whenever you read front-end, translate to chrome dev tools (front-end). I did not need the Extensions, might not be needed on your implementation as well.

Hope that helps.