Upgraded ICU version

Jochen Eisinger

Jul 22, 2014, 8:59:21 AM7/22/14
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
As of r22523, V8 depends on ICU 5.2. If you sync past that revision, you will have to run

- make dependencies, or
- gclient sync, if you use "fetch v8" to create your checkout, or
- manually switch third_party/icu to ICU 5.2 using

  svn switch https://src.chromium.org/chrome/trunk/deps/third_party/icu52 third_party/icu -r 277999

best
-jochen

Anthony Shipman

Jul 22, 2014, 1:59:07 PM7/22/14
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:58:57 pm Jochen Eisinger wrote:
> As of r22523, V8 depends on ICU 5.2. If you sync past that revision, you
> will have to run

Is there a list somewhere of the various dependencies? For example how
would I find out the latest version that would compile on Centos 6.5
except by guessing?

--
Anthony Shipman Mamas don't let your babies
a...@iinet.net.au grow up to be outsourced.

Jochen Eisinger

Jul 22, 2014, 2:25:20 PM7/22/14
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
Not sure I understand the question? The exact dependencies of V8 depend on what configuration options you use. E.g. if you don't want to depend on ICU at all, you can use "make i18nsupport=off".

best
-jochen

Anthony Shipman

Jul 22, 2014, 3:35:18 PM7/22/14
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 04:24:56 am Jochen Eisinger wrote:
> Not sure I understand the question? The exact dependencies of V8 depend on
> what configuration options you use. E.g. if you don't want to depend on ICU
> at all, you can use "make i18nsupport=off".
>
> best
> -jochen

What is the consequence of turning this off? What features disappear?

Jochen Eisinger

Jul 22, 2014, 4:56:43 PM7/22/14
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
The features defined here: http://www.ecma-international.org/ecma-402/1.0/

best
-jochen

Wilfried Gösgens

Apr 22, 2015, 5:27:27 AM4/22/15
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
Reading through https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=428145 and being keen of the improved UTF8-comparison performance in ICU,
Are there any estimates when is 54 going to be ready in V8?

Cheers,
Willi