Compiling with gcov and coverage testing

TL

Jan 19, 2023, 5:16:11 PM1/19/23
to v8-users
Hi,

I wonder how to install 'd8' with gcov configuration?
I understand that there are documents for installing v8 and instructions for using gcov, but I am not sure how to. Mainly, I cannot locate tools/gcov.sh.

If this is not possible, I wonder whether there is a way or tool that I can do coverage testing.

Thank you.

Ben Noordhuis

Jan 20, 2023, 5:04:04 AM1/20/23
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
That script was removed in 2018 but you can still find it in the git
history: https://github.com/v8/v8/blob/d6f0905fef53d30278452f48e29d45ec4dc03be3/tools/gcov.sh

The option to build with code coverage is v8_code_coverage=true. I
don't know if it's still in working shape but there appears to be a
gcov buildbot so... probably?

Terrence Lim

Jan 20, 2023, 11:17:49 AM1/20/23
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
Ben,

Thank you for your reply.
I will try out the script and the option.

One question I have is if both (i.e., script and compile option) are not in use, how do the developers of Google do a coverage test?
Are there other tools that I can use?

Thanks.

HeuiChan (Terrence) Lim
PhD Student