10.6: No public v8::PageAllocator implementation?

ClearScript Developers

Sep 20, 2022, 10:51:56 AM9/20/22
to v8-users
Our embedder has a custom v8::Platform implementation. In V8 10.6, the v8::Platform::GetPageAllocator method is abstract, and no information is provided about how to implement it.

We're currently delegating GetPageAllocator to an instance of the default platform (created via v8::platform::NewDefaultPlatform). That seems to work but feels hacky. Before this we never had any reason to create a default platform instance.

Is this an oversight? Most v8::Platform methods are relatively mundane – task scheduling, raw memory allocation, etc. – whereas v8::PageAllocator is quite esoteric, and many embedders would probably not know how to implement it.