Error in gsutil.py config while building V8

Manas Ghandat

Oct 20, 2023, 12:32:34 AM10/20/23
to v8-users
Hello,

I was recently trying to build v8 from the source and was following the guide https://v8.dev/docs/build. When I ran the gsutil.py config command, it gave me some link in order to authenticate and when i tried to continue it was blocked by google. Any idea to avoid it?

Jakob Kummerow

Oct 20, 2023, 8:07:23 AM10/20/23
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
The linked instructions say:

For Googlers - If you see Failed to fetch file or Login required errors when running the hooks, try authenticating with Google Storage first by running: gsutil.py config

So if you're not a Googler, and/or if you're not seeing "Login required" errors when running the hooks, just don't run that command.