How to compile v8 to Sony PS5?

杨少杰

Feb 9, 2023, 4:57:11 AM2/9/23
to v8-users
Hi,

I am a game developer, and I recently encountered a problem. How does the v8 engine compile to Sony PS5? Or can you give some suggestions?

Thaks all!

Ben Noordhuis

Feb 9, 2023, 5:06:28 AM2/9/23
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 10:57 AM 杨少杰 <sha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a game developer, and I recently encountered a problem. How does the v8 engine compile to Sony PS5? Or can you give some suggestions?

The PS5 is a x86_64 machine running a variant of freebsd 12 (or 13?),
right? Untested, but building on freebsd and copying over the library
will probably work.

Paozi Sha

Feb 9, 2023, 5:34:57 AM2/9/23
to v8-users
Thaks reply.
Gn is used for the construction of v8 project. Can gn build freebsd? There are too few PS materials. I can't find more references.

Ben Noordhuis

Feb 9, 2023, 6:11:37 AM2/9/23
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 11:35 AM Paozi Sha <sha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gn is used for the construction of v8 project. Can gn build freebsd? There are too few PS materials. I can't find more references.

It could at one time but freebsd is not a supported platform so who
knows. You could use the V8 build from Node.js.