Adding `OutputStream` support to `CpuProfile`

Juan José

Sep 14, 2022, 5:09:38 PM9/14/22
to v8-dev
Hi! I want to work on adding support to CPU profile serialization via OutputStream as the heap snapshot does.

I was considering doing something like adding a new method to the CpuProfile class, it `serialize(outputStream, kJSON),` and re-using the "inspector" parser logic (to make it compatible with dev tools).

Do you consider it worth creating a bug and start working on it? Should I get in contact with someone for pretty little beginner guidance?

Regards,
-Juan José Arboleda

Camillo Bruni

Sep 15, 2022, 7:46:51 AM9/15/22
to v8-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 14 Sept 2022 at 23:09, Juan José <soyjua...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi! I want to work on adding support to CPU profile serialization via OutputStream as the heap snapshot does.

That sounds reasonable to me :)

I was considering doing something like adding a new method to the CpuProfile class, it `serialize(outputStream, kJSON),` and re-using the "inspector" parser logic (to make it compatible with dev tools).

Could you explain a bit more what you mean by "inspector parser logic"?

Do you consider it worth creating a bug and start working on it? Should I get in contact with someone for pretty little beginner guidance?

Maybe opening a bug to explain your use-case a bit better might make sense.

Regards,
-Juan José Arboleda

Camillo Bruni | Software Engineer, V8 | Google Germany GmbH | Erika-Mann Str. 33, 80636 München

Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891 | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg | Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Ssie diese fälschlicherweise erhalten haben sollten, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht an jemand anderes weiter, löschen Sie alle Kopien und Anhänge davon und lassen Sie mich bitte wissen, dass die E-Mail an die falsche Person gesendet wurde.  This e-mail is confidential. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Juan José

Sep 15, 2022, 1:32:39 PM9/15/22
to v8-dev
Thanks for taking the time to read!