Branch cut V8 10.7 on 2022-09-15

Lutz Vahl

Sep 13, 2022, 9:14:22 AM9/13/22
to v8-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

It is time again. If you have any questions regarding the release, please ping this thread.

TUESDAY 2022-09-13: API adoption freeze starts.

V8 will branch on Thursday for the upcoming Beta phase for Chrome 107. On the 2022-09-14 one of the latest Canaries will be selected to be the branch backup candidate in case of any issues on the branch day.

In order to make this synchronization as painless as possible for V8 and Blink please don't make API changes which make the revert more difficult and don't adopt API changes. When in doubt, ask vahl@.

WEDNESDAY 2022-09-14: Select backup candidate for branching

Decide if the latest Canary can be taken as a backup candidate for branching. If this is not the case the Canary needs to be stabilized ASAP.

THURSDAY 2022-09-15: Create 10.7 branch

based on one of the latest V8 versions. The auto-roller is closed (maybe over the weekend). Keep in mind that this means we are not integrating with Chromium (much less test coverage). If you happen to work on an important fix, please make sure that the fix is on 10.7 too! See information on merging & patching for the details.

Latest MONDAY 2022-09-19: Back to normal and API adoption freeze is lifted

Auto-roller is running again and we are back to normal business.

Lutz Vahl

Technical Program Manager, Chrome Web Platform

Google Germany GmbH

Erika-Mann-Strasse 36

80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Liana Sebastian

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Sie diese fälschlicherweise erhalten haben sollten, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht an jemand anderes weiter, löschen Sie alle Kopien und Anhänge davon und lassen Sie mich bitte wissen, dass die E-Mail an die falsche Person gesendet wurde.

This e-mail is confidential. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Lutz Vahl

Sep 15, 2022, 9:32:42 AM9/15/22
to v8-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

We have officially branched to be prepared for the upcoming Chrome version 107. The base of the branch is currently rolled into Chromium. It is based on the latest V8 version.

Integration into Chromium is stopped until Chromium has branched too.

V8 branch: branch-heads/10.7

V8 Version: 10.7.193

Ref to be used in Chromium: https://chromium.googlesource.com/v8/v8/+/refs/heads/10.7-lkgr

If your CL is not included in 10.7.193 you might consider merging it into the branch branch-heads/10.7. In that case please apply the label Merge-Request-10.7 to the bug the CL is fixing. See https://v8.dev/docs/merge-patch for more information on merging.

Thanks,

Lutz