Abort on Exception::Error

Jerry Sievert

May 2, 2024, 4:25:24 AMMay 2
to v8-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am attempting to debug an issue on code embedding v8, and am receiving an abort when attempting to create an Exception::Error().

V8 version is 11.6.189.4, and the abort occurs as part of the CHECK in GcSafeCode Heap::GcSafeFindCodeForInnerPointer further down the call stack when Exception::Error() is executed.

I believe that the initial error is occurring a couple of calls back, as far as I can tell, but I’m trying to figure out why the abort is occurring in Exception::Error().

Is there a way to check to see if an abort would occur? I’ve checked the isolate and the context and both appear to be valid.

C code:
Call(javascript code)
Javascript code
Call(C code)
Javascript code - exception

Unfortunately, I’ve not been able to build a test case for this, but would very much appreciate any help in avoiding the abort.

Thanks!