Status of cirrus_gfx_card.c

Erik van der Kouwe

Jan 11, 2011, 5:01:39 AM1/11/11
to V3VEE Development, Jack Lange
Dear all,

I would very much like to have VGA emulation, but it seems
src/devices/cirrus_gfx_card.c is neither included in the Makefile nor
compilable. Does anyone have a more usable version of VGA emulation,
preferably not passthrough?

Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,
Erik

Peter Dinda

Jan 11, 2011, 10:12:18 AM1/11/11
to v3vee-de...@googlegroups.com, Jack Lange
Hi, Erik. A VGA card, preferably with a VNC backend is one of the
projects in the queue for a course I am teaching this quarter.
However, it's not a high priority for the core developers right now as
we're focusing on polishing key elements of the next release. I will
know in a week or so whether I have an interested student group
working on it.

To give you a bit of background on cirrus_gfx.c: This was the outcome
of an undergrad project that built the initial versions of cga.c and
telnet console (text-mode card front-end + telnet backend). The
cirrus front-end was something the students started but did not
complete over the course of the project. So, that file is basically
in stasis.

Peter

> --

Dr. Peter A. Dinda
Associate Professor
Head, Computer Engineering and Systems Division
Northwestern University
2145 Sheridan Avenue
Evanston, IL 60208
847-467-7859 (voice)