Live migration of VM

vaibhav4947

Jan 6, 2014, 3:54:36 AM1/6/14
to v3vee-de...@googlegroups.com
 Hi

 I like  to know if anyone is working on live migration of VM  feature . Does any one successfully  able to do live mitigation  . I working on the live migration
and i am facing some issue .

Thanks and regards
Vaibhav Pol
Senior Technical Officer
C-DAC
Pune
India

vaibhav4947

Jan 13, 2014, 3:53:20 AM1/13/14
to v3vee-de...@googlegroups.com
hi is any body working on live migration of guest .I like to know in what environment it will be successful.

Peter Dinda

Jan 13, 2014, 9:56:27 AM1/13/14
to v3vee-de...@googlegroups.com
As I mentioned in email, this is an experimental feature and isn't a current development effort.   When integrated, it was tested on the Linux embedding with AMD/SVM and a single-core guest.   On the development branch, checkpoint/restore, which live migration is based on, is in a state of flux due to the changes to memory management (NUMA) and other work.   My guess based on your previous post about VMX errors is that our VMX code isn't compatible with your hardware.

Please note that Palacios is a research tool.   If you're looking for a production hypervisor, there are lots of options.

Peter

vaibhav pol

Jan 23, 2014, 8:03:16 AM1/23/14
to v3vee-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi peter ,
Thank you for your quick replay
sorry i cannot relay your mail promptly . I was away for few months from office.

Yes I am aware that it is experimental feature . We also not using palacios for the production machine but we are working on palacios
for the experimental study and research . we have choose the palacios because of it is light weight .

for the experiment we required the live migration feature.
we are also looking in the  palacios code to under stand the error and to fix it .
if something is found i will inform the team.

Thanks and regards,
Vaibhav  Pol
National PARAM Supercomputing Facility
Centre for Development of Advanced   Computing
Ganeshkhind Road
Pune University Campus
PUNE-Maharastra
Phone +91-20-25704176 ext: 176