Hi Irregulars & UXBCers,
There is an excellent event happening at OCAD and MaRS this weekend.
RSD5 Symposium is an intimate conference that focuses on the intersection of systems thinking and design practice. It is the only conference of its kind and brings together systems researchers with design practitioners.
- Erik Stolterman, ACM Interactions editor-in-chief, Chair of Informatics at Indiana U, and author
- Humberto Maturana, noted biologist, cyberneticist, and neuroscientist
- Liz Sanders, Maketools founder, psychologist, Ohio State Design professor, and author
- Aleco Christakis, noted systems researcher, social scientist, author, and physicist
- Maria Kakoulaki, journalist and documentarian
- Paul Pangaro, Chair of the MFA Interaction Design at College for Creative Studies, entrepreneur, alumnus of MIT Media Lab and Sun Microsystems, and cyberneticist
Sharp-eyed UX Book Club readers will see that Erik Stolterman, who wrote "Thoughtful Interaction Design" and joined us for a live videoconference, will deliver the closing keynote on Oct. 14.
October 13 is the workshop day and opening keynote by Paul Pangaro.
October 14-15 are the plenary and track session days
Conference and Day passes are still available.
Events like this in Toronto are rare so don't miss out!