July's book club: come and talk to Sam Ladner, the author of "Practical Ethnography: A Guide to Doing Ethnography in the Private Sector"

fstorr

Jun 9, 2014, 10:37:17 PM6/9/14
to uxbook...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I'm very excited about July's UX book club. Last month we talked about the really-useful and well-received new book Practical Ethnography: A Guide to Doing Ethnography in the Private Sector, by Sam Ladner. Thanks to Bill Selman of our hosts, Mozilla, Sam is coming to Portland to talk with us. Which is superb. Sam's book is intended for two types of people:
  1. Social scientists who want to adapt their academic skills to the private sector, either to find a full-time job or to practice as an independent researcher; and
  2. Designers and researchers already working in the private sector who may not have formal training in ethnography
Sam is based in Seattle but is coming to Portland to talk to us. Don't miss this opportunity to talk about the research skills that are so critical in creating successful products.

Details:

When: Thursday 10th July from 6pm–8pm
Where: Mozilla's offices in The Pearl

Where to buy Sam's book:

Hope to see you on the 10th for what should be an excellent evening.

Regards

Francis

Amy Santee

Jun 10, 2014, 4:38:59 PM6/10/14
to uxbook...@googlegroups.com
If you don't already have her book, you can get it straight from the publisher for 30% off with code L2614.

http://www.lcoastpress.com/book.php?id=473

Amy