March's book, date, and venue

fstorr

Jan 28, 2014, 10:53:16 AM1/28/14
to uxbook...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

First off, let me wish you all what is possibly the latest best wishes for 2014. That done, it's onto March's book. This time around, instead of voting for a book, I've picked one myself. It's something of a classic that's referenced a great deal in information architecture circles, and it's been narrowly pipped to the post a couple of times here when we've voted on titles to read, so it's high time we read it. The book in question is The Image Of The City, by Kevin Lynch. Although the book is about the design of cities, there are parallels to be found in how we architecture information online.

Unfortunately, Harvard MIT (the publishers) haven't fully embraced e-books, so it's dead trees all round this time. You can get a copy at Powell's, Amazon, and the library.

Venue: Mozilla's office at 1120 NW Couch St., Suite 320, 97209
When: March 3rd, 6pm until about 8

Hope to see you in March for an interesting discussion.

Regards

Francis