Come and talk to Leah Buley in person on October 8th!

fstorr

Sep 14, 2013, 12:02:33 AM9/14/13
to uxbook...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I'm oh-so-very happy to announce that Leah Buley, the author of The User Experience Team Of One, will be joining us in person on October 8th!

Leah's book is by far one of the most talked about UX books in a long time; it's full of practical advice for those just entering the field as well as experienced practitioners. You really shouldn't miss this chance to come and pick Leah's brains about her excellent book. Leah has a huge amount of experience, having worked for numerous companies including the world-renowned Adaptive Path. She's also run workshops in person around the world as well as presenting virtual seminars for Jared Spool's UIE.

As a reminder, you can buy Leah's book from Rosenfeld Media and get 30% off with the discount code UXBOOKPORTLAND. Why buy from them? Because you're buying direct from the publisher, and if you get the e-book bundle, then all your files are DRM free, which means you have the choice of which app to use to read them on, whether it's iBooks, Kindle, or plain old PDF. You can also buy paper copies of the book.

I'm just waiting on confirming the venue, but in the mean time mark the date on your calendar!

Have fun + enjoy the book!

Francis

Drew Shimomura

Sep 19, 2013, 6:35:16 PM9/19/13
to uxbook...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francis,

I'd love to come to this event. I'm a UX Designer, a fairly recent transplant from NYC. Unfortunately, I can't figure out from the google groups site where this group meets! Where will the Oct 8 event be so I can make sure to attend?

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting you.

Drew

Francis Storr

Sep 21, 2013, 9:40:51 PM9/21/13
to uxbook...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Drew

Welcome to Portland - I hope you're enjoying it here :)

You ask a good question about the venue! The one we have used regularly is booked for that night, so we're going to be using a brand new one. We are going to be meeting at 6PM at Mozilla's brand-new Portland office, which is at:

Mozilla
1120 NW Couch St
3rd Floor

Make a note of that as the address hasn't get been added to Mozilla's site as far as I can see. I wanted to announce the book title and Leah joining us as soon as possible, so I did that before I had the venue sorted out.

If you're on Twitter, it's worth following @uxbookclubpdx as things sometimes get announced there more quickly.

Francis

Bill Selman

Sep 21, 2013, 10:47:23 PM9/21/13
to uxbook...@googlegroups.com, William Selman
Yes, I can confirm the next meeting will be at the new Mozilla office at the time and place Francis mentioned previously. We are excited to welcome you all to our new community space!

Bill

+++++
Bill Selman
Senior User Experience Researcher