August 6th: talk to Abby Covert about How To Make Sense Of Any Mess

fstorr

Jul 12, 2015, 6:14:10 PM7/12/15
to uxbook...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all

After a few months off, we back! On August 6th, we're going to be chatting with Abby Covert about her recent book, How To Make Sense Of Any Mess, "a book about information architecture for everybody".

Abby is the president of the Information Architecture Institute, a teacher, and an independent Information Architect so you won't want to miss the opportunity to talk with her about information architecture. How To Make Sense Of Any Mess is a short, easy-to-read book that'll get you up to speed with information architecture and introduce you to some really handy tools.

Getting the book

Where and when
Date: Thursday 6th August, at 6PM (note: you won't be able to get into the building after 7PM)
Where: Mozilla's offices in The Pearl

Hope to see you next month.

Francis

Rebecca Bateman

Jul 13, 2015, 12:47:36 AM7/13/15
to uxbook...@googlegroups.com
Wooooo!

Mike Lonergan

Jul 16, 2015, 11:03:01 PM7/16/15
to uxbook...@googlegroups.com
OK this is *on*. I'm gonna ask her how to make sense of an API (developers are notoriously bad about naming a self-evident set of classes, methods and properties).

Mike the Canuck

Melissa Casburn

Jul 21, 2015, 12:12:04 AM7/21/15
to uxbook...@googlegroups.com
+1. API design is relevant to my interests and a great topic for UX designers who want to explore visual patterns created with text.