UX Book Club: Voting is now open + new host!!!!!

UX Bookclub

Mar 7, 2022, 5:39:24 PM3/7/22
to ux-book-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Apologies for hiatus. Covid, Christmas, changing jobs and negotiating a new host ... excuses excuses 🤐

Big news, UX Book Club Sydney is back and we have a brand new host that we are extremely excited to announce. For those that follow Australian unicorn companies, SafetyCulture will be a familiar name. Last week SafetyCulture had the grand opening of their new building in Surrey Hills, and they have a purpose built space for meetup events which they are excited to offer us ... along with catering and a Boston Dynamics dog called Spot!

We have selected 4 books to vote on for the April meetup.

  • Sense and Respond: How Successful Organizations Listen to Customers and Create New Products Continuously - Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden
  • Lean UX - 3rd Edition was released in 2021 - Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden
  • Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability - Steve Krug
  • Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant - W Chan Kim
All of them are available as physical books and on Kindle. Three out of four have Audible titles  too.  Have your say by voting here... or any one of the other two links in the email! :)

Voting will close on Friday 11 March, and we'll look to host the event in the last week of April after everyone is back from Easter and ANZAC day holidays (HINT: perfect down time to finish reading the book).

Cheers,
Duncan Heuer

annie jiang

Mar 7, 2022, 6:26:38 PM3/7/22
to ux-book-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Duncan,

Excited for the April meet up! Was wondering if you have decided on a date for it?
Just want to make sure I save it in my calendar.

Kind regards,
Annie